Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Splendor or His Handi work.....Let's see if I can get the "gift of the green thumb!"

Welcome the Splendor of Spring!!
I started with this...
and this.....


ended up with this....


This.....



and this!!! Welcome spring!!

"They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works." Psalm 145:5

I have NEVER had a green thumb and it was not until I owned a home a few years ago, that I honestly even noticed landscaping or pretty pots of flowers. Its sorta weird cause growing up my mama always was right on top of a her seasonal flowers, annual flower gardens and totally into digging in the dirt. I on the other hand was not willing to get my acrylic nails messed up (give me a break I was a TEXAS girl....we love our big nails, big hair etc.....) None the less...after becoming a homeowner I have been taken by landscaping and pretty pots. One major problem? I don't know how to grow anything! I have dear friend who has a gorgeous home and yard, I asked her if she would go the to the nursery with me and help me do my pots. In years past I just ordered them and picked them up...but with my new found blogger friends, y'all have inspired me that I can do it my self...SO...I did it, Renee and I spent Monday morning doing flower pots and I totally took handfuls of dirt and loved every second of it. So , thank you sweet Ne and thank you blogging friends, I think this simple act just saved me a lot of money, and gave me a new appreciation for the beauty of dirt work!! Check out my process and product!!!













3 comments:

  1. i love your planters...and your front door. gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! You've done a great job! There's something comforting and relaxing about planting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girrrrl those look wonderful! And they still looked GREAT at the Sip N See last Saturday! I had a blast and adore your home! You've got a wonderful eye for details and decor!!!

    And p.s. My momma and I have some seriously green thumbs! So anytime you need some plants (we've got day lillies, hydrangeas, hostas, roses, etc, etc, etc... out the ying yang!) you just let me know! :-)

    ReplyDelete