Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Busy Busy Busy...Good things or God Things????

picked out of my garden
some of the sweetest girls I know....mama to be in the middle!

a pretty entrance



such fun cupcakes made by one of the hosts, can you believe the candy covered circles, just melted colored chocolate...dip round oatmeal cooked several times!



flowers and mason jars!



Whoa....I just had like 12 days of sheer crazy busy in my life! Its been wild, but in all truth its sorta the way I have always lived my life, full, busy and NEVER dull. There are days I want to really slow down..problem is: I never can pick what I want to give up. In college I was always "in charge" of stuff, I thought it would end when I became a career woman, well then I just got busy volunteering as if a real job was not hard enough! Then I became a wife and mother and got REALLY busy REALLY fast!! Some of the business is totally just part of "doing life" the other is just fun stuff. Sadly the fun stuff is normally what we need to give up so we don't loose sight of keeping the "main thing the main thing" which for me is my God and my family. I have given many opportunities and events up over the past few years, only to find that God had something else for me. So I ask you today...are you just doing "good things" or "God things"? I don't know about you, but I'm going into a new season in my life where with all my heart..want GOD THINGS! I'm not sure what that looks like yet, its just daily choices. Loves to all and try to keep up with my post as I record my last 12 days of fun!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you, I only want to do GOD Things. I'm sure your friend felt so blessed and loved by all of you, truly God Things!

    I can't thank you enough for the sweetest comment you left me. Just to know you were praying for me makes me filled with Hope and Joy!!! So happy you have joined this beautiful blog community :)
    xoxo
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful party! love all the details!

    sweet sarah, your heart can be seen & heard in this post. it is so beautiful. how lucky for all your close friends to have you!

    you looked beautiful in your white summer dress.

    ReplyDelete